Thursday, December 30, 2010

Shoot Like a Girl (aka Don't Be A Drama Queen)

Scanning the online news today, I saw the headline "How To Live Longer" on msnbc.com.

One of the topics was “Don’t Be A Drama Queen” and you’ll live longer.
Who writes this stuff?
The article had some great points, though, for couples...
Fight fair.
Women’s hearts suffer when they hear or make hostile comments.
Men’s hearts reacted badly when confronted with domineering words.
Please note the article did not define a Drama Queen to be male or female.  (And baby, I’ve seen both!  Remember, I hang out a little bit with golfers, shooters, AND team ropers.  Whinier people I’ve never seen - but I won’t go there.)
Well, okay then.  I’ll make you a deal, honey darlin’, ThatManILove.  I won’t tell you what to do if you don’t get hostile.  Bueno?
Agreed? Truce-amundo?
If we can’t agree, then let’s agree to repair to the ol’ shooting range.  Our shotguns are of the same quality and caliber (even though I did win my Beretta Teknys, give it to you, then beg for it back.)  But I’m NOT an indian giver - and you were so sweet to let me have it that day I shot 89/100.  Notice, I ran right to the gunsmith and he cut the stock down for a custom fit - for me!  Have I told you lately that I love you?  But, I digress.  Back to the case in point.
When and if we disagree, let’s just take it to the sporting clay range.  Let’s work it out there.  Okay?  Then, you’ll be dominated without hostile words, and you’ll live longer.  Just pure-d talent will prevail.  And we’ll both take our aggression out on those little clay targets.
In other words, rope up, cowboy, and shoot like a girl.  Your girl!
Love, me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you have SOMETHING to say, so spit it out! I love comments!