Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Aromatherapy - Another Successful Sales Technique

Last week, I went to lunch with customers. Ten of them. And we ate at a local barbeque place.


The restaurant filled up. I looked around, and I knew someone at every table - they were all salespeople. And none of them were with customers - they were with fellow co-workers. I had the only customers in the place. Craziness. That doesn't happen often! My customers were teasing me about running for mayor.  (That does seem to come up a lot.)

After I dropped the customers back at their office, I went to my office to ready for  my 1:30 p.m. appointment. Picking up two co-workers, we're driving out of our parking garage. I turn to them and say, "Can y'all smell barbeque? That's what we ate today, and I swear, that's all I can smell." They assured me they couldn't smell anything, and off we drove to the 1:30 appointment. We get into the VP's office, and conduct our meeting. Everything went well, and we returned to the office. 

I get to my desk, check my emails. I'm returning a call on speaker phone, and look down at my desk, and catch something peripherally. There is a small 1/8" piece of brisket on my chest. I guess I'd been wearing it as a badge of honor for the last 2 hours. Oh, no, you didn't, you say. Oh, yes, I did. I think the sale was successful. 

Who says aromatherapy doesn't work on my customers?


So That's Why My Bustline Is So Prominent

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you have SOMETHING to say, so spit it out! I love comments!