Monday, May 2, 2011

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'...Keep Them Dogies Rollin'!!!

It’s been a busy month, but what’s new?  The Younger Son’s getting hitched in a month and a week.  I have a business meeting in Alaska coming up soon, and we’re gonna get to go fishing on the Kenai River - what a hoot that will be!
And you know, have camera will travel!
We received notice that the IRS is going to audit us.  That should make for some lovely blog fodder...(spare me, you say?  Well, okay.  I’ll think about it.)
A funny thing happened to me in Houston the other day.  I was heading home to Midland, and met some friends for breakfast at IHOP.  (Place of culinary delights, I know.)  One friend is from Iraq, and another, a student at Texas Tech.  We’re sitting there, visiting about our oil business, and a lady walks up.
“Pardon me, but are you Janie?”  I said, “Yes, Kay, I am, and I’ve been looking for you!”
I used to call on this lady when she lived in Midland and worked for a local oil company.  She had moved to Houston, married, and we lost touch.   We have a mutual friend who is also my neighbor, and we had been looking for Kay.  It was fun to hook up with both Jerry and Kay!
We were probably 40 miles from where she and her husband lived that day. I consider it nothing less than a miracle that we ran into each other.
It’s a small world.  I’m SO glad Kay was brave and walked over to the table that morning!  I can’t wait to see her again, and soon!
That’s all for today, I’ll be back soon! 
‘Til then, God bless, and happy trails, y’all!!


1 comment:

You know you have SOMETHING to say, so spit it out! I love comments!