Thursday, April 10, 2014

Keeping It Light, Keeping It Right


One of my faithful Facebook followers left me a message the other day, and told me:   “I hope you never lose your sense of humor. Remember it when those golf outings etc start!”

Well, my friend, those tournaments have begun.

And I hear you, brother.  I’m taking your advice to heart, and trying to maintain my sense of humor during the entry and sponsorship portion of this tournament.  

This particular golf tournament is a biggie.  Over 500 players, 2 days, 2 courses, and it  almost filled up in a 24 hour period.  It funds 26 college scholarships per year.  The major whining will soon begin, possibly even today, from the people who were not lucky enough to get into the tournament.

And I am going to try my hardest to keep my sense of humor.

It’s a great tournament, for a great cause, and it’s a lot of fun.  The hardest part is getting the teams in, the sponsorship noted, and getting all the players, contact information, and handicaps down.

We have a great committee with lots of hard workers that are also fun people, and they all make me laugh and, hopefully, vice-versa.

Community service?  Is a good thing.

And when it helps young people?  Even more so.

So this post is multi-faceted.  A reminder, to myself, to keep my sense of humor - because if it isn’t fun, why do it? 

And also, a reminder of why I do this...to help others.  And I cannot lose sight of that goal.

Because helping others succeed in life?  Is a good thing.  A very, very good thing.

So, step up to the tee!  It's time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you have SOMETHING to say, so spit it out! I love comments!